Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nature of Love

As I sit here, alone in bed listening to the rain…

I think back to those days over a decade ago, when you were My world

When the rain was merely an excuse to stay home and be with you

When the sunny days were too hot to go outside, but perfect for co-ed showers

Two different worlds that fit so very well together,

Yin to Yang, innocence and deviance, male and female

The connection so palpable that one could not sleep without the touch of the other

You were the light to My dark, I was the rock to your maelstrom

But nothing lasts forever…

Where did we go wrong? Why did we go wrong?

Why did I have to go? Why did you have to let Me?

Why, after a decade, are you still searching for what you didn’t want?

Why after a decade, am I the name you call out when the nightmares keep you awake?

Others spoke their opinions, both aloud and without words

Felt them so strongly that not even what He put together could silence them

And just as the rain cleanses and rejuvenates the Earth

You have cleansed all the dirt of our past away and rejuvenated My hope in love

As I have brought you back from the brink…

One never misses the water until the well runs dry

But the rain will always return, no matter what

Nourish Me with your fresh spring precipitation

And not with well dippings soiled by the acts of other…

And just as rain has a cycle, so do we…

We shall return to where we were, but changed by the environments we have left behind.

Yet unchanged at the basest…

That is the nature of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment