Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Karma Is A Dominant Bitch

(And i am Her slave)



I woke up this morning, and you were on my mind…

Your sweet voice, soft touch, and body oh-so-fine,



Reminiscing on happier times, when love was innocent and true,

Back when my word was more than enough to vouch for what I did and didn't do…

Back before the kids, when we were kids ourselves,

Struggling to make ends meet, busier than Santa's elves,

But happiness was always there, our world was our own…

Didn't realize what I had, too many chances blown…



Ignorance may be bliss, but only to the ignorant,

If only I hadn't been so blind, I might have stood a better chance,

Of retaining and maintaining the strongest love I've ever seen,

But you reap what you sow, especially when you plot and scheme…



If it's not too little too late, a day late and a dollar short,

Atonement may be possible… with Herculean effort.

It may be the thought that counts, but actions speak louder than words,

Performing major emotional surgery, healing deeply malignant hurts,

Immaturity at its worse, the grass is always greener,

If I'd only stopped to smell the roses, I'd have kept my nose quite a bit cleaner,



Living beyond my emotional means, overextension to the extreme,

Slowly paying back my debts, penance by any means…

Submission is not my norm, but i'm learning to behave,

For Karma is a Dominant Bitch, and i… I'm just Her slave.




11:15 am

4/30/07

No comments:

Post a Comment