Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ex Post Facto

I know that I’ll never hold that place again,
No longer your lover, no longer your friend,
Once I was beyond reproach,
But lost sight of what mattered most,
Total honesty, the “open-book” treatment,
More than the brightest diamond, a perfect present,
I didn’t give myself to you, completely, without holding back,
And now your love is what I lack,
I couldn’t accept being imperfect for you,
So facts were hidden, some in plain view,
The epitome of bad judgement,
Actions outweighing intent,
The ends don’t justify the means,
When angry, hurt tears were seen,
The last thing I wanted was to cause you pain,
Make you relive the past again,
I know it’s too late to win you back,
Knew before those bags were packed,
You’ll never look at me quite same,
It may be pointless, but I had to explain,
Try just to let you know,
Even if it is… ex post facto.

1:09 a
11/27/08

No comments:

Post a Comment